The Hamptons season beckons and as spring turns steadily warmer New Yorkers, like salmon, are ready to make the trip out to the Eastern end of Long Island’s South Fork to one of the exclusive and tony villages such as Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Westhampton Beach, Sag Harbor or Montauk to enjoy urban life and socializing in a so chic less urban setting.
As you prepare for new adventures in the Hamptons this summer here is a selection of places to go a blend of classics along with the new comers to the scene this year.
Breakfast at Clyde’s, Southampton Inn
Southampton Inn delivers quality with a new restaurant for 2016. Resist the temptation to stay in the newly renovated rooms or to explore the new library, Clyde’s features a wholesome and healthy menu designed by Executive Chef Scott Adriani featuring all of the guest selected favorite foods from the past five seasons. Clyde’s is also open for lunch and dinner.
• 91 Hill Street, Southampton, NY 11968
631.283.6500 • www.southamptoninn.com
Brunch at 75 Main, Southampton
Rising restaurateur Zach Erdem has gained considerable attention within the hospitality industry after transforming Hamptons summer dining staple 75 Main into a year-round hotspot under his stewardship. The dynamic 32-year-old reinvented his Southampton eatery, combining the classic style of the Hamptons with the enticing elements of New York City nightlife.
• 75 Main Street, Southampton, NY 11968
631.283.7575 • www.75main.com
Lunch at Bobby Van’s, Bridgehampton
Opened in 1969 by local pianist Bobby Van, the Bridgehampton restaurant began the Bobby Van’s Steakhouse establishment. Built with a dedication to superior customer service and quality food, Bobby Van’s maintains the same high standards over four decades later.
• 2393 Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton, NY 11932
631.537.0590 • www.bobbyvans.com
Dinner at Sotto Sopra, Amagansett
Under the direction of Managing Partner Rose Evangelista, Sotto Sopra has quickly become one of the most sought-after restaurants on the East End, known for its frequent celebrity guests, relaxing atmosphere, exceptional service, and fresh, flavorful fare.
• 231 Main Street, Amagansett, NY
631-267-3695 • www.restaurantsottosopra.com
Dining Musical Chairs Hamptons Style
Powerhouse culinary star Jean George is setting up at The Topping Rose this summer in Bridgehampton perhaps with the aim of creating the Hamptons answer to Thomas Keller’s definitive experience that is The French Laundry in Napa Valley.
• Bridgehampton Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton NY 11932
• The owner of Southampton Social Club, Ian Duke and Chef Scott Kampf are moving into the Southampton Publick House to open Union Cantina in early summer.
40 Bowden Square, Southampton NY 11968
• The Southampton Publick House is now ensconced in the Driver’s Seat in Southampton.
62 Jobs Lane, Southampton NY 11968
• Circo of the Le Cirque family, which took over the Delmonico’s space, which before that was Savanna’s is now a Chinese restaurant from Stratis Morfogen known as the Jue Lan Club.
268 Elm Street, Southampton NY 11968
• Nammos Estiatorio is now being transformed into what will be the hottest reservation of the summer – a Japanese restaurant KOZU from the owner of 75 Main, Zack Erdem – who is returning to his roots having once run Nello’s Summertimes – its original occupant. 136 Main Street, Southampton NY 11968
• Tutto il Giorno in Southampton and Sag Harbor are divorcing business-wise with Donna Karan’s daughter keeping the Southampton outpost and ex-partner Maurizio Gianpaolo keeping Sag Harbor and possibly having to change its name. 56 Nugent Street, Southampton NY 11968
• Ritchie Notar’s Harlow East in Sag Harbor has sadly departed and is rumored to be a home for Upper East Side haunt Le Bilboquet with investor Ron Perlman who resuscitated the Blue Parrot in East Hampton not so long ago. 1 Long Wharf, Sag Harbor NY 11963
• After all that dining, nightlife hotspot 1Oak in Southampton is under new management of Zach Erdem and a new name – AM Southampton is ready to party!
125 Tuckahoe Lane, Southampton NY 11968