Camelback Resort, the popular ski destination in the Pocono Mountains is expecting more than half a million guests during the 2016-2017 winter ski season. Located less than two hours from New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia, Camelback Resort, now in it’s 53rd season, is hailed in the industry for converting new skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast to lifetime snowsport enthusiasts and serves as an important feeder to Western ski resorts.
With 34 named trails, 16 lifts, 100% snowmaking, and the largest snowtubing park in the U.S.A., Camelback Resort offers close-to-home winter fun for beginners to aficionados. Named the #1 place in America to learn to ski and snowboard by the Huffington Post, Camelback Resort is the recipient of the coveted Conversion Cup from the National Ski Area Association for excellence in beginner programs, in particular, their Terrain Based Learning programs. They also offer a full-service adaptive skiing program in partnership with the Pennsylvania Center for Adapted Sports, www.centeronline.com. These programs are designed to accommodate all abilities, including guided skiing for the visually impaired, stand up and sit down skiing and lessons for intellectually disabled skiers, welcoming all skill levels, from beginners to Paralympic Champions.
“We offer a wide variety of lessons and programs because we believe a new skier or snowboarder’s experience should be about having fun, as well as developing a new skill,” said co-owner Arthur Berry III. “Our incredible team of instructors are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and patient, and certified in the latest techniques and equipment to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all levels.”
For non-skiers, there is still plenty of fun to be had outdoors. Camelback Resort is home to the largest snowtubing park in the U.S., with 42 high-speed snowtubing lanes and two magic carpet rides taking riders and their tubes back to the top. This season, Camelback Resort is launching the Galactic Snowtubing experience, offering after dark thrills with laser lit lanes and an amazing LED light show. Guests can warm up in the new Base Camp Lodge where Snowtubing tickets are sold, and still enjoy Camelback Resort’s signature waffles, no matter the time of day.
Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark has transformed Camelback Resort into a year-round destination by offering family-suite accommodations and 84-degree indoor waterpark fun to the existing seasonal outdoor amenities. After a day on the slopes, families can retreat back to the 453-suite Camelback Lodge which features multiple restaurants, including the ski-in/ski-out Trails End Pub & Grille, Serenity Spa and Fitness Center, Arcadia, Polka Dot Pots, and much more.
Situated under 1.5 acres of Texlon® transparent roof, Camelback Lodge guests can bask in the sunshine inside Aquatopia year-round. The largest indoor waterpark in the Northeast, Aquatopia is home to seven pools, 13 waterslides and a multitude of thrilling water attractions include a surfing simulator, wavepool, swim-up adult bar and several world-premier attractions and slides.
Admission to Aquatopia is included with each guest room reservation, and this ski season, reservations will also include four complimentary seasonal lift tickets and/or snowtubing tickets, subject to snow and slope conditions. Guests wanting to ski for the day without lodging will have an exclusive opportunity to purchase day passes to Aquatopia upon the purchase of an online lift ticket. Season Pass Holders also receive exclusive daily admission Aquatopia for only $19.99, for up to five with a Camelback Super, Value or College Pass. Daiy admissions are sold on a first come, first serve basis, depending upon availability and occupancy of waterpark, and are not valid Saturdays or during holiday periods. For more information about Camelback Lodge or to make a reservation, call 855.515.1283 or visit www.CamelbackResort.com.
- 34 trails
- 16 lifts including two quads
- Terrain-based learning programs
- Biggest snowtubing park in the country with 42 chutes and two magic carpet lifts
- Adaptive skiing program
- Camelback Mountain Adventures – ziplines, mountain coaster, tree top adventure course
- 453 guest rooms in 20 different configurations at Camelback Lodge
- Ski-in/ski-out Trails End Pub & Grille with valet service for skis and snowboards
- Multiple restaurants and eateries
- 125,000 square-foot Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark – largest in the in Northeast
- 1.5 acres of Texlon Transparent Roof over Aquatopia, allowing for natural sunlight year-round indoors, is the largest install in North America
- 13 waterslides, seven pools and attractions, including world-premier attractions
- Serenity Spa and Fitness Center offering spa services for adults and children
- Recipient of the Conversion Cup from the National Ski Area Association for excellence in beginner programs
- Named the #1 place in America to learn to ski and snowboard by the Huffington Post
- Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark by USA Today’s 10Best Readers Poll