At the time of Prohibition, Key West must have looked something like a tropical West Egg. With beer and rum smuggled from Cuba and whiskey, rye, and scotch from the British Isles through Nassau, the island was a free-for-all where violence lived with opulence, rules were bent, money was made, and the smell of cigars lingered in the air.
If you’re visiting St Andrews, you’ll most likely be flying into Edinburgh—and if you’re flying into Edinburgh, you should absolutely spend at least one night there.
When I first thought of traveling with my mom (Judy Seligson), the genre of a mother daughter trip seemed rather limited and uninspired. Fortunately, neither my mom nor I are spa aficionados, nor can we imagine going on a cruise. We both eat gluten-filled food whenever possible, we love cities, and bodies of clear salt water.
If Art Basel Miami got your creative juices flowing, and you’re looking for more ways to be inspired in South Florida this season, check out these upcoming events:
As sister property to the Gale South Beach located just across the street, the luxurious Kaskades South Beach offers a sophisticated stay in the heart of SoBe.
In 1907, one of the best cities in the word—San Francisco—got even better, when The Fairmont San Francisco opened its doors. Holding court high on Nob Hill, the new grand dame forever changed the landscape of San Francisco and the hospitality industry in general.
Are you a recent New York-to-Florida transplant, or a yearly snowbird? Do you need to get out of the freezing Northeastern temps this holiday season? We thought so.
Many travelers think that Frankfurt am Main is just a commercial hub—but a recent trip to the Frankfurt Rhine-Main area revealed a wealth of history and culture, making it an ideal place for family vacations.
Ah, Kauai. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle” because it’s arguably the lushest of the Hawaiian Islands, this tropical paradise boasts great weather, gorgeous scenery (only 3% of the land area has been developed for commercial and residential use, leaving 97% pristine and perfect for exploration) and of course, plenty to do and see.
In the 1980s two iconic giants, Swissair and Nestle, founded the Swissôtel, and over the next 30 years would grow to be world renowned for Swiss hospitality. With locations in 25 countries, including four in Switzerland, Resident explored the Zurich and Geneva properties.