Last night, Grey Goose and Julia Restoin Roitfeld hosted an elegant preview evening celebrating the launch of Le Marché Bleu – a unique holiday shopping experience that invites guests to discover the allure of the French art de vivre. Guests included Rita Ora, Tessa Thompson, Cipriana Quann, Kelly Rutherford, Timo Weiland, Seth Tringale, Julia Loomis, Ann Caruso, Kat Irlin, Harley Viera Newton, Garrett Neff, and Tony DiCiuricio. The soirée at 64 Wooster Street in SoHo kicked off with a DJ set from up-and-coming French musical talent College followed by a surprise performance from the Harlem Gospel Choir. Grammy award winner St. Vincent topped off the night with a DJ set blending electropop, alternative and jazz influences. The music was complemented by Grey Goose holiday cocktails and bites from acclaimed Chef Ludo Lefebvre. Please see items below along with more information about Le Marché Bleu and links to download images of last night’s festivities
Photo Credit: Madison McGaw / BFA.com
- Vincent was seen enjoying the Grey Goose Le Fizz cocktail during her DJ set. It was a celebratory night for the musician who just announced yesterday that she will write the score for the directorial debut of her partner Kristen Stewart’s upcoming film, Come Swim.
- Rita Ora chatted with friends about the upcoming premiere of America’s Next Top Model, where she will replace host Tyra Banks. Rita exclaimed “When they asked me about it, I had to think about what can I give it that it doesn’t have already? I wanted to find a 360 superstar who does what I do, who can release music and be in a movie or do collaborations with brands and be a model at the same time. I wanted to find a star and that really intrigued me.”
- Rita Ora mixed and mingled with guests and was overheard sharing about her upcoming album release: “I’ve nearly finished my album, thank God! I’ve been working on it for over four years. We’re planning to release the album this summer.”
- Tessa Thompson was overheard using some Aussie phrases she picked up while living there the past four months as she filmed a new movie. The stunning actress sipped Grey Goose cocktails as she chatted with friends and explained some new Aussie phrases she hopes to bring to the US.
- Tessa Thompson graciously mingled with fans of West World who stressed about the season finale. She spent ample time sipping Grey Goose cocktails and chatting about the series, helping to calm any stress induced by the finale! Like her fans, Tessa never knew what to expect from the show: “We didn’t even know what was happening when we were shooting the show. The scripts were redacted, there was always a mystery. Quite frankly, we didn’t even know that the most shocking part of the finale was going to happen until we were seeing it in front of our eyes.
- Julia Restoin Roitfeld worked her French charm on the room, making sure that guests always had a Grey Goose cocktail in hand. The elegant hostess and model who curated the items at Le Marché Bleu was overheard saying “It’s always fun to bring things from my home country, which you can’t find in the city.”
- Cipriana Quann sipped Grey Goose cocktails and the self-described foodie enjoyed the hors d’oeuvres from Chef Ludo Lefebvre. She talked with friends about her upcoming cameo role with her twin sister TK Wonder in Oceans 8 starring Cate Blanchett and Rihanna.
About Le Marché Bleu
Le Marché Bleu will open its doors to the public at 64 Wooster Street on Saturday, December 10 and Sunday, December 11 from 11am-7pm to offer holiday shoppers an exclusive selection of both rare and quintessential luxury items, as well as signature cocktails and decadent bar snacks. With the aim of inspiring guests to bring something extraordinary to their holiday fêtes, French Art Director & model, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, has also lent her global sense of style and passion for beautiful objects to hand-select several products for Le Marché Bleu’s specially curated inventory. The products include many items normally only available in France including – Nina’s Paris Marie Antoniette Tea, Angelina Hot Chocolate, Alain Ducasse Advent Calendar, Bêtise de Cambrai, Pierre Hermé Macarons – along with other foodie and luxury items such as Astier de Villatte Cufflinks, custom Smythson notebooks, Cire Trudon Candles and Johnny Iuzzini Chocolate Bars. Le Marché Bleu will not only provide visitors with this singular taste of Parisian luxury, but also a festive escape for classic holiday sips and French delicacies from Chef Ludo Lefebvre at its Bar de Lumière – making the yearly ritual of holiday shopping a celebratory affair, in and of itself. To sample Bar de Lumiere’s special menu offerings and enjoy a one-on-one holiday cocktail consultation, guests can reserve seats throughout Le Marché Bleu’s opening hours HERE.
If you would like your event listed in our Resident Magazine calendar or weekly e-newsletter please contact our Marketing Director, Chelsea Grant at [email protected].