While the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) bills itself as, “the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace,” 2017 was filled with gadgets that made life easier and just more fun. Already on retail shelves and in homes and businesses everywhere, they are smarter than ever, artfully designed, and fill the space where technology and geeks collide, creating a fallout of luxury gadgets that made 2017 a standout year.
- AKG N60 NC Wireless Headphones: The next-generation AKG N60 NC Wireless headphones, at just $299.95, merge AKG’s award-winning Signature sound with Bluetooth technology. Lightweight and comfortable, they are perfect for home listening or easy traveling. The compact wonder eliminates the hassle of wires without sacrificing sound quality or best-in-class noise cancellation functionality. Users enjoy up to 15 hours of playback with both Bluetooth and Active Noise Cancellation, and up to 30 hours with just ANC turned on.
- JBL Everest Elite 750 NC headphones: Why turn down the volume when the freshly updated, comfort-driven, fold-and-carry JBL Everest Elite 750 NC headphones, also at $299.95, offer such a great listening experience? Designed with Bluetooth connectivity, easy updates, JBL’s legendary TruNote™ Auto Sound Calibration, and the latest Adaptive Noise Cancelling technology, these marvels provide up to 20 hours in wireless mode, with a quick recharge of only three hours.
- Notion Home Monitoring System: The Notion Home Monitoring System, priced at $299, is a compact sensor that does more than just monitor. It tells users when someone enters the living space or tries to access a user designated space that is off-limits. It also recognizes water leaks, temperature changes, and smoke alarms and sends out alerts via a mobile app, helping homeowners prevent severe water and fire damage before it is too late.
- Anova Precision Cooker: Sous vide is the French cooking technique where items are sealed in a plastic bag, and then submerged in a temperature-controlled water bath to produce perfectly cooked, flavor-packed meals. The award-winning Anova Precision Cooker is a connected Sous Vide device that lets home chefs easily manage settings with just the press of a button and cook just like the professionals. Priced from $99-$149, based on size and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Lifeprint Hyperphoto Printer: The next generation of photos, the hyperphoto, introduced the ability to instantly print photos with the Lifeprint Hyperphoto printer. This pocket-sized mobile printer connects to phones via Bluetooth, and pumps out 2×3” borderless photos using Zink zero-ink paper. Priced from $129.99-$149.99, depending on type of smartphone, it can print stills, video clips, Snapchats, GIFs or Apple Life Photos. There is even a social network for sharing those captivating hyperphotos.
From tech-ready Millennials to the surprisingly adaptable Baby Boomers, there were products that covered the spectrum from “high-def” headphones to cooking sensation, making 2017 the year when gadgets were reimagined and redefined in the luxury space.