I’ve been a New Yorker for over twenty years and am constantly discovering new experiences and places that land a spot on my internal “favorite things” list. How does your list compare?
1. TriBeCa: My home and my office hood. It’s as laid back as you’re going to find in Manhattan, clears out after rush hour and houses many colorful characters.
2. Walkers. A TriBeCa mainstay. My home away from home. The food is fantastic. Best burger downtown. And the drinks are almost as strong as my favorite waitress (and friend), Linda. She orders for me if ever I have a confused look on my face after a hard day.
3. Bobbi Brown’s Tinted Bronzer. It adds a healthy glow when I’m looking ghostly.
4. The view of downtown AND uptown Manhattan from Trump Soho Hotel’s top floor venue, SoHi. A breathtaking space.
5. Staten Island: The Staten Island Zoo has, and continues to occupy a special place in my heart. The beautiful park setting showcases a fantastic collection of fascinating animals and a staff of people who are in love with their Zoo. Also, while on Staten Island, order up my favorite dish:
6. CHICKEN PARM! Done best by my friend, Kim, at Dock’s Clam Bar. Yes. Chicken Parm at a clam bar. Go figure.
7. My passport. My ticket to sail across the planet and explore, eat, drink and meet new friends. Out of all my possessions, my passport is my most treasured. Just returned from a magical week at Amanyara in Turks and Caicos. And even though it was as close to paradise as I’ve ever witnessed, the site of Manhattan upon my return still took my breath away...as it always does.