August is National Hair Loss Awareness Month and now is the time to take preventative and proactive measures against this issue. It’s crazy to think that hair thinning/hair loss begins at age 35 for most women….not to mention that 90% of hair loss is genetic! Additionally, we’re seeing many more influential figures in the public eye take a big and empowering step in speaking out about hair loss and thinning, which we hope will open up the conversations and help to put consumers at ease with the struggle that many are experiencing.
Bosley Professional Strength is a tried and true brand that’s been proven to specifically target, prevent and treat those that suffer from hair thinning or loss. See below for a few expert tips from Michelle Blaisure, Bosley Professional Strength Product and Technical Specialist and Certified Trichologist.
- 38% of women said they started to notice the change around age 35
- 86% of women, when surveyed, said they would be concerned if they started to thin in their 30’s
- By age 60 about 60-70% of men and about 50%-60% of women will have thinned
- Extreme Stress/Child birth
- Illness/Immune disorders/Medications
- Tight braids, weaves and improperly applied extensions
- When hair starts to thin, it’s important to address it early as it is easier to keep it than to get it back!
- Use products designed for scalp health and thinning hair that add thickness and volume – like the NEW BosVolumize BamBoom Volumizing & Cleansing Powder – so hair has a fuller look, and when used for prevention, slow the look of aging hair
- Shampoo frequently with a thinning hair cleanser, like Bosley Professional Strength BosRevive Nourishing Shampoo, which is designed to remove any build-up and debris from the scalp and hair
Purify your scalp like never before! NEW BamBoom helps to absorb oil, sebum and environmental pollutants to refresh and rejuvenate your hair while providing volume and a truly clean, weightless feel. Made from renewable bamboo charcoal, this must-have essential helps to remove impurities, toxins and other harmful pollutants from the scalp and hair, helping to clear the hair follicle of surface build-up for uninhibited healthy hair growth.