OUTSIDE IN Today’s heroine is the sum total of all earlier parts
Photos by Jan Sol
Text Concept by Rory Winston
Styled by Christopher A. Pape & Peizhao Sun
Hair by Ivy Camacho for Angelo David Salon
Makeup by Houda Casablanca for Angelo David Salon
"She was the amoureuse of all the novels, the heroine of all the plays, the vague "she" of all the poetry books."
– Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary
"A person may be proud without being vain."
– Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"Never was an age more sentimental, more devoid of real feeling, more exaggerated in false feeling, than our own."
– D.H. Lawrence, Lady Chatterley's Lover
"I would always rather be happy than dignified."
– Charlotte Brontё, Jane Eyre
"All the girls in the world were divided into two classes:
one class included all the girls in the world except her."
– Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
– L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables