The 2022 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is Set to Sail for Its 63rd Edition
Fort Lauderdale, FL (August 29, 2022) – Ticket sales are now live for the 63rdannual Fort Lauderdale International boat show (FLIBS), which will occur from October 26-30 just steps away from the sands of sunny South Florida. Taking place across seven locations, including the Broward County Convention Center (BCCC)and the Bahia MarYachting Center, guests are getting ready to sail-abate with boating and yachting exhibitions that are set to provide an unforgettable experience during the five-day show. Owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) and produced by InformaMarkets, this monumental event showcases more world and U.S. debuts than any other boat show in the country.
"We are thrilled to kick off another fantastic event in Fort Lauderdale for our 63rd year," said Andrew Doole, President of U.S. Boat Shows with Informa Markets, which produces the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. "Last year's boat show was an absolute blockbuster event, generating over $1 billion in economic output for the state of Florida and attracting over 100,000 attendees. Year after year, FLIBS has raised the bar for the marine industry, and we cannot wait to welcome back our incredible community to the 2022 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show."
With demand for boating products at an all-time high, visitors at flips can expect to have an up-close look at this year's highly anticipated debuts by the world's leading boat manufacturers such as Axopar Boats, Northstar Boats, MJM Yachts, LEKKER Boats, Islamorada Boatworks, Schaefer Yachts, Invincible Boats, and more. Guests will also have access to new and exciting superyacht exhibits, kids fishing clinics and family-friendly activities, educational marine seminars, and the windward VIP Club for gourmet food and five-star views of the event.
"The marine industry has continued to experience unparalleled growth in the past 2 years, and we remain committed to providing the best show experience that caters to a wide range of audiences within the boating and yachting sector," said Phil Purcell, CEO/President of the MIASF, who owns the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. "We are honored to host the 63rd Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and look forward to showcasing the best our industry has to offer at the largest in-water boat show in the world."
Visitors will not want to miss out on the incredible boats, products, and activations that will be on display at the Broward County Convention Center, in addition to the transportation perks that will make the guest experience seamless and enjoyable for all. As the flies Transportation Hub, the Convention Center will have over 3,000 parking spots available at an affordable flat rate of $20 per day. Guests will also have access to and from all seven show locations via shuttle and water taxi services to the Convention Center.
"The FLIBS experience starts at the Broward County Convention Center," continued Andrew Doole. "From the latest in fishing boats and gear presented by Grady White and Yellowfin, to the most innovative products in the marine industry unveiled by Nautical Ventures, visitors won't want to miss out on the amazing line-up of brands that will be spotlighted.
● Superyacht Village: bringing the world's most spectacular superyachts and exhibits to South Floridaincludingrenowned shipyards, personal submarines, and exotic collectible automotive items.
● Windward VIP Club: a luxurious oasis offering an exclusive retreat for visitors to enjoy access to gourmet food options and premium open bar tastingsbyKetel One Botanical, Tanqueray, and Crown Royal.VIP ticket holders have access to the show one hour early through the Bahia Mar South Entrance and will receive a one-of-a-kind gift bag sponsored by Douglas Elliman.
● Culinary Experience: offering over 100 food concessions and satellite bars throughout the show, FLIBS will showcase a delectable spread of food options all weekend. Must-see foodie attractions includeGoslings'Dark 'NStormy Island Bar, the Anheuser-Busch Island Barge + Beer Garden, and the Palm Harbor Marina Cocktail Barge. Show attendees will also have access to complimentary wine tastings led by Whitehaven, the Official WhiteWine Partner for FLIBS.
● The Aqua Zone by Nautical Ventures: located in the Broward County Convention Center, this exciting and engaging live-action exhibition is uniquely designed to give an upfront and personal experienceto the latest in-water sports and marine products. The AquaZones's 40,000-gallon freshwater pool will host in-water demos, contests, and prizes.
● Marine and ElectronicsTent: featuring the latest in all boating and marine products; West Marine, FLIBS OfficialMarine Accessories and Electronics Provider, will be on-site to provide visitors with all the tips needed to enjoy water-based activities! Attendees will have access to an exclusively dedicated West Marine Shuttle to and from the West Marine store to Bahia Mar. On Friday, October 28th from 5 pm-7 pm West Marine (2401 S Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316)will host an an-store event open for all libs attendees, featuring tacos, beer, and in-store discounts.
● Educational Seminars: join FLIBS as they provide a series of interactive and educational marine seminars, located in the Broward County Convention Center and complimentary to all show attendees. Featuring a lineup of industry's leading professionals such as Sheri Day and Manny Puig from The Blue Wild, Betty Bauman from Ladies Let's Go Fishing, the FWC Officers, and more–these seminars will cover a variety of topics from Conservation andSustainabilitytoFishing TechniquesandBest Practices on the Water.
● Kids' Corner: from Hook the Future's kids fishing clinics with Captain Don Dingman, to face painting and marine arts & crafts with The Blue Wild, the Broward County Convention Center will provide the ultimate family-friendly destination at FLIBS this year.
The Convention Center will offer affordable parking options and access to the show's shuttle and water taxi services offering visitors a stress-free manner to move throughout the seven show sites.