It’s easy to get glam Instagrammable styles this holiday season with these effortless tips and accessories from Sarah Potempa, Celebrity Hairstylist and Inventor of The Beachwaver Co. This season she has launched some ‘must have’ styling essentials including The Beachwaver Co. Team Texture Dry Finishing Spray to create effortless, voluminous cool girl texture and The Beachwaver Co. Keep It Calm Smoothing Cream for when a polished look to achieve professional salon results at home. Featuring thoughtfully-curated, efficacious and game-changing ingredients, and maintaining high sustainability standards, these high-quality, responsibly-formulated, cruelty-free and vegan innovations are backed by science to provide real results and support healthy hair and available on beachwaver.com
What’s hot for the holidays? Let your imagination go wild with holiday glam looks such as twisted ‘do’s, half up looks, braids, waves, accented with velvet and adorned accessories from major bow-ments to headbands in pink and black.
Sarah Potempa shows how to easily achieve these glam styles at-home (twisted half up, braided half up and Faux braid into low ponytail), when following the below steps.
*All products are also animal-friendly, sulfate-free, paraben-free, formaldehyde-free, petrolatum-free, benzophenone-free and phthalate-free, and housed in recyclable packaging and feature Aroma experiences within each formula.
Sarah Potempa’s Holiday How-To’s
Create The Base with the B1 Beachwaver
available in glittering pink and black for the holidays.
- Using the B1 Beachwaver rotating curling iron, take clean, 1-inch sections of hair and begin curling away from your face. Continue this process all around your head.
- Wait for your curls to completely cool before you start separating and styling them. Once your hair is cool to the touch, spray a mixed bristle brush like the Mini Onset Pro Brush with Great Barrier Heat Prctant Hairspray and brush through the curls. This will turn your bouncy curls into smooth, shiny, glam waves.
- Emulsify one pump of Shine Bright Serum in your hands and evenly distribute it throughout your hair for added shine. This will create the perfect base for some beautiful holiday looks
Look 1: Twisted Half Up
- From the crown of the head, create a half-up ponytail. Create a small hole just above the elastic and flip the ponytail up and through the hole. Pull the elastic tight. This will create a twisted look. Gently pull at the twists to “pancake” them, or make them larger. This will add texture and volume to the look.
- Taking another section of hair to create a second half up ponytail just below the previous one, repeat the flip through steps.
- Hook the Beachwaver’s small velvet bow to the lower ponytail’s elastic for a quick and easy festive flare.
Look 2: Braided Half Up
- Add a pump of Braid Balm to the top section of hair to add some grip and flexible hold. Take a 1-inch section of hair on the left side of the head and split it into three parts. Bring the left side over the middle, then the right side over the middle. Then, adding some more hair into the left side, bring it over the middle again. Add some hair to the right side and bring it over the middle working your way to the back of the head. Repeating the process of adding hair to the left and bringing it over the middle, and adding hair to the right and bringing it over the middle will create a French braid. Once you’ve braided about halfway to the back of the head, you can continue creating a simple 3-strand braid. Use a small clear elastic to secure. Repeat this process on the right side of your hair to meet the other braid in the back of the head.
- After both sides are braided and secured, you want to pancake each braid. To do this, you will gently pull on the edges of each braid “rung” to widen it. Start at the elastic and work your way up to the base of the braid. This technique will transform your braids to make them look more textured and denser.
- Bring both braids together at the back of the head and secure with an elastic. Finish this holiday look off with a beautiful oversized bow.
Look 3: Faux Dutch Braid into Low Ponytail
- Begin by applying Braid Balm throughout the hair and sectioning the top one-third of your out of the way. Using some more Braid Balm, secure the remaining two-thirds of hair into a smooth, low ponytail. Next, take the top section down and split this section into 3 even parts. Bring the left side under the middle, then the right side under the middle. This will create a simple 3-strand braid. Continue this process until you reach the base of the ponytail. Secure the braid with an elastic.
- Create a hole in the last rung of the braid and pull the ponytail through. Tighten each elastic to blend the two parts together. This will give you the look of a Dutch braid with a simple process. Now, “pancake,” or pull at the sides of the braid to add extra volume.
- Create some loose Beachwaves throughout the ponytail to add some dimension. Use Team Texture Dry Finishing Spray throughout the ponytail to add texture and volume to the Beachwaves. Team Texture is a buildable product so you can simply spray a section and gently separate the waves to add lift and body within the hair. Finish this look with one of Beachwavers new holiday hair accessories. This small black velvet bow gave an amazing holiday touch to this look.