By Clara Morgan
Southampton Inn, which has stood as a well-loved focal point of the local Southampton community for almost 50 years, is participating in the town's 375th anniversary celebrations throughout 2015, offering a host of specials, packages, events and more.
Founded in 1640, Southampton, New York is considered the first English settlement in the state of New York. The Southampton Historical Museum is leading the 375th Anniversary Committee together with local hotels, restaurants, shops, museums, and town and village officials. The Historical Museum and Southampton Inn are partnering to honor many of the historic families by welcoming them to the town with historic lineage lectures, home receptions, and honorary dinners at the Inn. The Halsey family will be celebrated in July, and the Howells in October.
Southampton Inn will welcome guests throughout the year with various birthday themed packages as the hotel, with its 90 guest rooms, 50 foot pool, tennis court, and Coopers Beach shuttle, is within walking distance of most of the Southampton Village historical activities.
For more information:
Special events throughout the birthday year include:
• Southampton Historical Museum's opening exhibit – April through December. The exhibit will feature a history of Rogers Mansion which is located just 0.4 miles away from the Southampton Inn
• The Southampton Historical Museum's Pelletreau Silver Shop on Main Street is offering Jewelry Making Classes throughout the year. Students will learn the basics of jewelry making, from sculpting wax and soldering to setting stones and polishing, over an eight-week course
• A lecture program at the Historical Museum will continue through 2015. Antique Fairs will run May through September, with a Polish Festival in August, Harvest Day Fair in September,
and Chowder Festival in November – the reasons to visit are nearly endless
• The highly-anticipated Annual Southampton House Tour: "Insider's View" will be held on May 30th, 2015
• Southampton's 375th Birthday Party will be held on June 20th, 2015 at Rogers Mansion, four days after the first settlers of the town landed at Conscience Point on June 12, 1640. Free one-year,
family memberships to the Historical Museum will be offered this day only. The party will include a band and dessert.
• The highly anticipated Late Summer Cocktail Party will be held on September 5th, 2015 at Rogers Mansion and includes gourmet hors d'oeuvres and open bar.
• The year's celebrations will conclude with New Year's Eve events, held annually at the Southampton Inn and a special museum benefit event being held at the Port of Missing Men historic mansion.
For more information: